Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Research Results

Posted by Dan 
Dan
Research Results
May 23, 2013 08:48PM
I was very satisfied with Maxim's service. It was very prompt, he responded to all questions and inquiries very quickly, he found, photographed, and made a summary report on the family history info that was available on my maternal grandfather's family. His price for this initial basic research was fair. I would recommend Maxim to any one who is trying to get a good starting foundation on their family history research in Transcarpathia. It would have been more satisfying if, for the cost, the research would have also included additional information on future marriages and subsequent births of relatives. Unfortunately, when doing family research in this area, finding earlier records, (pre-1895) is very difficult. Also it seems that researching for info and records after 1935 can get very complicated, time consuming, and thus very costly. This area can be very difficult for researchers, probably due to the many political changes that have occurred in this region over the past 100 years.
Re: Research Results
May 23, 2013 10:19PM
Thank you very much, Dan. I will take into consideration your remark. We've got interesting data for this research; very rare surname suddenly appeared to be very numerous.

Yes, unfortunately church books are available not for all cities. But records after 1935 may be available in regional registry office. There was discussion on other genforum recently about distribution of funds between archive and registry offices. Registry offices in Ukraine have data only for human life span, i. e. 75 years. Older documentation is sent to archives. I mean things should be this way because it is provided by laws but in reality there will be a lot of exceptions.

I will send you some considerations about possibility to obtain this data.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 153.6 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator