Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Research done in Turitsa and Dravtsi

Posted by Ray Christensen 
Research done in Turitsa and Dravtsi
September 11, 2015 09:43AM
I have been researching my family roots for about two years. My grandfather's parents come from Rusyn villages that are now located in Poland, and I have been looking through microfilms and writing Polish archives to find their information. It has been a slow but rewarding process. In contrast, my grandmother and both of her parents come from Rusyn villages now located in Ukraine (John Shushura from Dravtsi and Catherine Sikula from Turitsa). I tried multiple times to contact the archives in Uzhgorod, but never got a response. There are no microfilms for these areas either. I was stymied, but in my looking I saw Maxim's name in replies in various places offering his services to find records. I contacted Maxim and asked about the possibilities. We agreed on a plan and shortly after making my request I got back by return e-mail the records of both the Shushura and Sikula families. The records included close up scans of each of the entries (for my great grandparent, their parents, and their brothers and sisters) along with a short summary of the relevant information. It took me quite a while to go through each of the records Maxim sent, but it was very helpful to have his short summary of each record. It made it possible for me to figure out what each entry on each of the records said. Of course, not every record that I had hoped to have found existed. That is the nature of these records, but what Maxim sent answered a lot of questions about my family and was a wonderful source of information about them. If anyone has questions and would like to talk to me directly about my family or my research, you can contact me at provoray@gmail.com. I was very pleased with Maxim's work. In fact, I plan on asking him to do some more research for me on a few other families in my line.
Re: Research done in Turitsa and Dravtsi
November 18, 2015 10:42PM
Thanks, Ray, it was great pleasure to work with you. Fortunately, we've found maximum of answers from records which were available for research. I will be very happy to help you with further research on your family roots.
Results of Second Request
March 11, 2016 07:29AM
I asked Maxim to find some additional records on my family lines. He did excellent work for me again. It was exciting to see these records for my relatives. Thank you, Maxim, for your clear notes about the content of the records and the clear and easy to read pictures of the actual documents. I really appreciate your work on this. Thank you very much.
Re: Results of Second Request
April 15, 2016 12:00AM
Thanks Ray, I'm always ready to help my clients who want more research, more information to be checked. Fortunately, continued research brought same good results. This is definitely one of the neatest researches I've ever made.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 153.6 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator