Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Family From Pastilky

Posted by Sarah Miller 
Sarah Miller
Family From Pastilky
January 17, 2018 08:18PM
Hello! I am researching my ancestors who came from the village of Pastilky.

My maternal grandmother was Marya Polyakova, and she was born on July 7, 1911. Her parents were Anna Gerzanic, born on December 25th 1886, and Mihaly Polyak. Nothing else is known about Mihaly Polyak or his family. Anna Gerzanic's mother was named Theresa, possibly Theresa Gonda/Gunda. I've been told that Theresa was related to the Kovac family, and that her mother may have been Anna Kovac. Anna Gerzanic had at least two sisters, Julia born in 1889, and Melana/Melanya.

My maternal grandfather, Andrej Kacur, was born on December 4th, 1913. His mother was Anna Kovac Kacur, born in 1889, and his father was Jon Kacur, born in 1876. They were form Pastilky as well. I've been using Ancestry.com for research, but have been unable to locate any records for this area as I know the name of the area changed many times over the years, so I'm honestly not sure of what records to even review. I happened to stumble upon your website so I thought I'd give this a try!

Thank you, Sarah
Re: Family From Pastilky
January 22, 2018 03:35AM
Hi Sarah, thanks for making your post. First of all, LDS has filmed only part of church books of former Bereg megye. Original vital records are kept in state archive and I’m one who provides access and research for my clients.

I may say that your situation is both simple and tangled. If you read my forum you probably know that there are civil records which start from 1895 and expand to mid end 1930s. Pre-1895 period is covered by church books, representation is very erratic, some cities/villages have extended collections which start in 18th century, some have limited records and some have none.

Civil records for Pastilky are available, so at least births of your gmother Marya Polyak and gfather Andrej Kacur may be found. However, situation with GC vital records of Pastilky is rather tangled.

Please check your mail, I have specifying questions to you.
Re: Family From Pastilky
February 17, 2018 03:01AM
Note to our readers: Sarah's research has been started as a question and now you can see final results here:

Maxim's Work Is Fantastic
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator