Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Podhering

Posted by Sara M. 
Sara M.
Podhering
August 23, 2020 06:30PM
I am doing some ancestry research and found relatives that were from Podhering? When I google it I can't find an actual town. From my understanding it is now called Pidhorjany? This is located in Slovakia? I would like some verification on this if anyone knows anything!

My next step would be finding some type of birth or marriage records from the town. The names are Jonis Alasin and Anna Szkuba.

Anything helps!
Re: Podhering
August 24, 2020 05:24AM
Hi Sara, undoubtedly, Podhering is Hungarian name for modern Pidhorjany which is just one of Mukachevo city districts right now. Back then it was small neighbor village which has been absorbed by the city eventually.

Currently Mukachevo and Pidhorjany are located in Transcarpathia, Ukraine however previously entire area belonged to different countries. Please read my article about this, it explains the change of formations in short:

Historical periods of Transcarpathia in genealogical context

As a researcher, I can help you to check available sources. However, your inquiry is too vague right now and I would like to get more details in order to give more definite answer.

Please check your mail, I've sent my specifying questions.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator