Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finding Jewish ancestors

Posted by Steven Tomer 
Steven Tomer
Finding Jewish ancestors
August 02, 2018 10:51PM
Hello,

I am trying to find my Hungarian-Jewish ancestors mostly from Nagymihaly (Michalovce), and believe at least some of them are from Ungvar, where I think your specialty is...

My ancestors are:

Moses Herschel Goldstein
Sali Weisz

I have no dates for their marriage or birth.

They have as children:

Eszter Goldstein, b. 11 October 1868 in Nagymihaly
Abraham Izak Goldstein, b. 1 February 1871 in Nagymihaly
Jakab Goldstein, b. 7 October 1876 in Nagymihaly, d. 13 February 1952 in Brooklyn, NY, m. 1901 to Regina Feigenbaum, (b. 18 February 1880 in Ungvar)
Regina Goldstein, b. 30 December 1879 in Nagymihaly, d. 19 February 1941 in NY, m. to David Feith, (b. 25 May 1879 in Ungvar)
Salomon Goldstein, b. 1885 in Nagymihaly, m. Eva Neumann (b. 1893 in New York)
Benjamin Goldstein, b. 1889 in Nagymihaly
Bernat Goldstein, b. 6 September 1890 in Nagymihaly (my great-grandfather)

I can't find any info on Herschel or Sali in JewishGen. I'm wondering if they came from Ungvar, since there are at least two separate ties to Ungvar in the family (the spouses of both Jakab and Regina).

Extending the line is my primary focus, but I'd also like to find the ancestors of both Regina Feigenbaum and David Feith.

I'm not sure what's possible to find, but I'm hoping that something is available in Ungvar that would push this further

Thanks,

Steve
Re: Finding Jewish ancestors
August 14, 2018 02:56AM
Hi Steve, we have discussed everything in private already, so this reply is for our readers.

Yes really, Ungvar and entire Transcarpathia is my specialty. I’ve reviewed the list and I see that all kids to parents Moses Herschel Goldstein and Sali Weisz were born in Nagymihaly. Original records should definitely be in Slovakia in local archives.

This is a case when I will recommend competent fellow researcher in Slovakia. You will find his contact details in my email.

About Ungvar roots, I see only two names:

Regina Feigenbaum, (b. 18 February 1880 in Ungvar)
David Feith, (b. 25 May 1879 in Ungvar)

Jewish records for Ungvar exist but they are limited. Please check your mail, I've sent you my clarification and suggestions.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator