Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nagylaz question

Posted by E Siska 
E Siska
Nagylaz question
August 28, 2018 09:56AM
Hi Maxim,

I'm researching my Hungarian/Slovakian roots for quite some time (15 yrs), and now working on a branch which takes me Nagylaz, Ung county, Hungary.

Zsusanna Lucy Motocsik, born abt 1885 in Nagylaz, married abt 1903 to Andrew Hila, born abt 6 Sep 1879 in A. Layan, Hungary?

What opportunity do I have finding these records? Help is most appreciated.

Eliz Siska (descendant of Istvan Siska, born abt 1790 in Damocz, Zemplen, HU)
Re: Nagylaz question
September 14, 2018 04:48AM
Hi Eliz, thanks for your post. I write this reply for our readers because we have specified everything in private and records are already gotten, in fact.

I guess yes, there are firm chances to find these records. Separate GC church registers for Nagylaz are not available, however, vital records for Nagylaz are included in some registers for bigger nearby village Szerednye.

And civil records start from October 1895. Zsusanna Lucy Motocsik was born abt 1885 so her birth record may be found, if it was recorded in Szerednye books. Her marriage in 1903 definitely may be found in civil records for Nagylaz which start from 1895.
September 18, 2018 10:44AM
Hi Maxim,

Much thanks for locating 1903 civil marriage record and 1904 civil birth record. Copies are very good.

Marriage indicates Zsusanna Motocsik, RC, was born 1884 in Also Nemeti, Hungary, which now is part of Slovakia, which used the church at Jenke, now Jenkovce, Slovakia. I was able to locate a match birth record exact parents and exact date.

Thanks for all your help.
Eliz Sisko
Elizabeth Roser
December 10, 2021 06:08PM
Good evening,
I am also researching my ancestors from Nagylaz. My great grandfather was Janos Dolgos (b. 1881) and married Borbala Holic (b. 1885). I am trying to locate birth and marriage records for them. I am new to trying to locate family from this area and do not know where to begin to find records. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
December 15, 2021 12:54AM
Hi Elizabeth, thanks for your post. You are in the best place to begin research on vital records of your ancestors in Nagylaz because I can help you to find them. Just like it was done for topic starter who is also Elizabeth.

I would like to have more details about your inquiry. Please check your mail for my specifying questions.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator