Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Schwarz family question

Posted by sandy 
sandy
Schwarz family question
January 09, 2019 08:57PM
Greetings!

My Grandfather was Jakub Schwarz, born in 1904. I know he lived in Ungvar. His family was Jewish, but they were not religious and integrated into society. He spoke Czech, and possibly served in the Czech military. He and my Grandmother were [possibly] not legally married, I can't find any marriage records. I know he had a brother named Joseph. I can not find ANYTHING about him or his family. I don't even know where to look. Jake left Ungvar, went to Bratislava for a while during the war, and then moved his "wife" and children to Hungary. Things get really strange after that. HELP????
Re: Schwarz family question
January 15, 2019 03:27AM
Hi Sandy, thanks for your post. Right now I can state confidently that if Jakub Schwarz was born in Ungvar in 1904, his birth record may be found, same as information on rest of family.

If he was living in civil union and had kids in Ungvar, they also may be found.

However, I can help you only with his Ungvar period. Events after his migration to Slovakia and Hungary can’t be traced from here.

Please check your mail, I have specifying questions to you.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator