Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandparents genealogy from Pasztely

Posted by Linda Ferraro 
Linda Ferraro
Grandparents genealogy from Pasztely
February 21, 2021 03:18PM
I am looking for information on my paternal grandparents - Olesca Bilicska and Ilona maiden name Krecsman and the records I have been able to locate have many names for the cities they came from, Pasztely, Felso Pastil, Pastilbiginda, Kis Berezna, so I don't know where they actually came from. There are no living relatives to ask. Where could I start looking for any records?

Thank you,
Linda
Re: Grandparents genealogy from Pasztely
February 23, 2021 12:27AM
Hi Linda, thanks for your post. These all are old Hungarian names of villages which are located in Transcarpathia now. So your address is correct.

Back then they were referenced to former Berezna district of Ung county. Kis Berezna is modern Malyi Bereznyi, and there was a number of villages with Pasztely name like:

Pasztely Begenyat /Also Pastely, now Begendyatska Pastil.

Pasztely Rosztoka/Felso Pastely, now Roztotska Pastil.

Pasztely Kosztyova/Nagy Pasztely, now Kosteva Pastil.

Kis Pasztely, now Pastilky.

They make a cluster of small mountain villages located nearby.

As a genealogy researcher, I can help you to start with records and find out information about your ancestral family.

Please check your mail, I've sent my specifying questions.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator