Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hegyes/Mikovics family research

Posted by Laura 
Laura
Hegyes/Mikovics family research
March 04, 2021 10:49AM
This site has some very interesting information and has already answered some of my questions. I have the names and villages, in Ung County, of my Great Grandparents but got stuck on where to locate records in Europe. My understanding is that the church records are now held in Uzhorod.

I also wondered about census records and if these would also be in Uzhorod or in Hungary. I have one birth certificate from Felsodomonya. The villages are Gereny and Darocz/Ungdarocz. I can provide names, parents names, and birth years. My question is who do I send the request for information?

Thank you,
Laura
Re: Hegyes/Mikovics family research
March 16, 2021 05:45AM
Hi Laura, thanks for your post. You can address to me and I will help you to obtain information or at least help you to clarify your situation. There is significant number of people who received my help and consultation starting from 2008. You can address here in forum or via my email which is listed in my profile.

Villages you mention are located in former Hungarian Ung county, now these are suburbs of Uzhgorod or nearby villages.

Gereny is modern Horyany, formerly a village, now suburb.

Ungdarocs is Dravtsi, formerly a village, now suburb.

And Felsodominya is village Onokivtsi adjoining the Uzhgorod.

About your inquiry, you mention you have more details, that would be helpful.

Please check your mail for my questions.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator